1750 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
Telephone (847) 945-3400
Posted September 16, 2019
People who personify our drive to exceed guest expectations, thrive on diversity and are anxious for an exciting career - Welcome! Opportunity abounds here!
Guest Service Agent
Please email resumes to email@example.com
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
300 Room Hotel
Newly Renovated Suite sized guest rooms to include 6 Executive Suites, 1 Presidential Suite, and 1 Hospitality Suite. Amenities to include: living room area with pull out couch, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, referigerators in room, turn down services available, business class floor, newly renovated restaurant and meeting space. A premier suburban corporate hotel located in the heart of Chicago's Northshore. The Hyatt Deerfield is ideally located just 14 miles from O'Hare International Airport and minutes from Fortune-500 companies such as, Abbott Pharmaceuticals, Kraft Foods, Baxter Healthcare, and Morgan Stanley Discover. Travelers can enjoy an evening at Ravinia Festival, a day at Chicago's Botanic Gardens, or the excitement of Six Flags Great America, all in close proximity. The Hyatt Deerfield offers cigars at our outdoor patio, newly renovated restaurant, atrium lounge, in-room dining, and a full fitness facility including indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and full line of cardiovascular equipment. Located off 294/94 express way 14 miles from O'Hare International Airport.