Posted September 10, 2019
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill
90 Room Extended Stay
Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill is a home away from home, ideally situated for business and leisure. Our hotel is steps from Morgan Hill Soccer Complex and the headquarters of Thomas Kinkade, ITT, Anritsu, IBM, Western Digital, JABIL and more. Gilroy Premium Outlets and Gilroy Gardens are also nearby. Our generous all-suite property offers a range of amenities to ensure a comfortable stay. Each pet-friendly guest room includes separate living and dining spaces, full kitchens, free WiFi and a welcome bag for your furry friend. Guests will enjoy our free hot breakfast, indoor pool, SportCourt® and evening socials three nights a week at The Mix™. We also have on-site guest laundry, same day dry cleaning services, and a 24-hour Market to accommodate our guests' needs.