Posted September 3, 2019
You just can't beat the person who never gives up.
Sales Manager - Business Transient (OEM)
As a Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Sales, specifically the Business Travel market segment and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside (majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Sales Experience (typically with Hilton)
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hospitality degree preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston at Logan Airport
273 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Ideally located at the airport, Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Logan Airport is just a 4-minute walk to the MBTA Blue Line station, or ‘T’. Visitors can take the T to be in walking distance of Faneuil Hall or change trains for a ride downtown.
Guests can fuel up each morning with our free made-to-order breakfast including eggs, breakfast potatoes, omelets, pastries, bread and fresh-cut fruit. Our free evening reception features light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages each day. Our Lounge, open until midnight, offers drinks and meals in a relaxed setting.
Anyone can plan an event in our 8,000 square foot, flexible meeting space, accommodating up to 300 guests. This space includes an elegant 2,400 sq. ft. ballroom, three 700 sq. ft. breakout rooms and the executive boardroom. An event can be enhanced with A/V equipment rental and on-site catering.