Posted October 15, 2019
Food & Beverage Host
As a Food & Beverage Host, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the restaurant and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will ensure the highest quality service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one year general knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Ensures guests are comfortable in their seats and arranges for appropriate adaptations such as high chairs, wheel chair seating, etc.
- Assists Manager or Supervisor with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers for meal periods and retrieving daily specials.
- Processes take-out orders; practices suggestive selling techniques.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Completes all opening/closing paperwork.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown
150 Room Hotel
At A Glance
At Canopy we’ve got our guests covered. Our Just-Right Rooms have a positively local vibe with Uptown-inspired artwork, nods to Dallas’ M-Line Trolley, and residential comforts like free WiFi, a 55-inch TV, built-in fridge drawer, and beds designed exclusively for Canopy. Guests can choose a suite for a separate living area, balcony and cozy extras like bathrobes and Canopy socks. Every floor has a filtered spring water station so visitors can refresh and feel great going forward.
Guests can start the day with a complimentary artisanal breakfast in Canopy Central or have a Canopy Break Fast Bag delivered to your door. Menus are fresh and local in our European-style café – open all day – and we have complimentary tastings of local beers and spirits each night. Our rooftop lounge offers craft food and drink and stunning views over downtown Dallas. All our Dallas Uptown event spaces reside on the top floor, where floor-to-ceiling windows and broad skyline views bring style and energy to any board meeting or wedding reception.
- New lifestyle hotel near all things Uptown, Dallas’ premier destination
- Complimentary Canopy Bikes or a quick walk to M-Line Trolley and DART Rail
- Rooms and suites with Canopy-exclusive beds, free WiFi and Just-Right extras
- Canopy Central featuring a café, bar and complimentary evening tastings
- Upside West Village, our rooftop lounge overlooking the Dallas skyline
- 3,500 sq. ft. of sunlit, top-floor event space for up to 200 guests