1000 Valley River Way
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone (541) 743-1000
Posted August 1, 2019
Right Time – Right Place!! You have a passion for results and are ready to develop others.
As the Laundry Supervisor, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure that the Laundry division meets the highest standards of quality and efficiency while optimizing each guest's experience by providing and storing spotlessly clean hotel linens. The supervisor of this dynamic team ensures that the linen rooms are immaculately clean, organized, and sanitary.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Be experienced in leading a laundry team in a multi-unit facility requiring daily cleaning linen for 257 guest rooms.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems for inspecting and managing the quality of laundry services provided and the achievement of departmental productivity objectives.
- Provides instruction, guidance and supports team in delivering clean, folded linen for guest rooms. Moves dirty linens by cart and chute from the floors throughout the day. Sorts all articles by kind, color and degree of soil in Laundry Department. Inspects all laundry and linens and records all damaged or stained items.
- Provides instruction, guidance and supports team in operation of washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines. Ensures necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycles.
- Provides instruction, guidance and supports team in folding clean linens and stores as appropriate. Operates linen feeder as needed for Restaurant linen.
- Provides support in linen counts for monthly inventories.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines for Laundry division.
- Assists in scheduling staff’s work schedules and duties according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy; monitors staff’s adherence to schedules and duties.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.