Posted July 11, 2019
Assistant Guest Service Manager (OEM)
As a Assistant Guest Services Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will coordinate the activities of guest service representatives, drivers, bellmen, telephone operators and night auditors to ensure high-quality guest service. Your experience and expertise will focus on maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations. This position reports directly to the Guest Service Manager or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2 or more years of Hotel Customer Service Hotel Supervisor/Management experience and brand experience preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have strong computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Assist GSM/General Manager in the overall front house guest experience to include registration, creative guest problem resolution, correct billing and cordial appreciation upon departure. Motivates staff within all hotel departments and establishes a productive working environment for hotel. Assists to conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Assist GSM/General Manager to maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Monitor rate efficiency, monitor and credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Assist GSM/General Manager to supervises the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Assist GSM/General Manager to schedule guest service agents, reservation agents, bell staff, van drivers, telephone operators, and other staff within guest services. Oversees their reviews, training and development of staff to achieve hotel service quality standards.
- Assists and/or leads revenue management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotel's room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
- Assist GSM/General Manager to analyze and generate guest issue, billing, and daily reports, and communicates information to employees and appropriate departments. Assembles tracks and interprets financial and operational plans for the rooms department to include in the annual hotel budget.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
316 Room Hotel
Nestled into a quiet and beautifully landscaped setting, the completely refreshed Hyatt Regency Fairfax hotel offers the perfect location, amenities, and guestrooms for a traveler's next trip to Fairfax, VA. Located just minutes from many important business offices including Northrup Grumman, Boeing, and General Dynamics. Our modern rooms feature free WiFi internet, 55” HDTV with premium channels, spacious living area, sofa sleeper, work desk, and mini-refrigerator.
- 316 suite-sized guestrooms with separate seating area
- 22 panoramic suites with 776 square feet of space and 180 degree views
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public spaces (excludes meeting rooms)
- Complimentary self-parking
- 24-hour fitness center
- Indoor heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Seasonal outdoor sundeck
- 24-hour business center
- Laundry facilities (14th floor)