Posted September 16, 2019
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton
96 Room Extended Stay
We put visitors within minutes of West Chester University, Great Valley, QVC Studio Park and Exton Square Mall, plus the fascinating history of Valley Forge and Brandywine Battlefield. Sports teams enjoy being near United Sports Training Center, Power Play Rinks, and Iceline. Our corporate guests are convenient to West Pharm, Bentley, Belfore, Johnson & Johnson, West, Faro, Lockheed Martin, and Pipeline. Our hotel near Philadelphia features separate working and living areas, fully furnished kitchens and free Wi-Fi. Other perks include HDTV’s with premium channels, luxury bedding, hot breakfast, The Mix™ evening social three nights a week, indoor pool, and fitness room and sports court. When choosing a hotel, we hope travelers will remember to pick the top choice for hospitality, service, and value.