Posted August 7, 2019
Assistant General Manager
As an Assistant General Manager, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will attentively oversee the hotel's personnel as directed and provide support to the General Manager. The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are 70% management and 30% assigned duties to ensure hotel consistency in quality of standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supervisory or Management Operations position and brand experience is preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers. Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration and reservation cards.Accounting/Cash Handling to include:
- Maintaining accurate A/R recordsDaily deposits
- Petty Cash
- Tax reconciliation
- Credit card handling – processing, batching, and PCI compliance
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork including position and safety training.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed to include corresponding with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler
101 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Located directly off I-10, the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Chandler hotel is in the heart of the Phoenix tech district with proximity to several major corporations, including Intel, Honeywell, BE Aerospace, and Novell. Sky Harbor Airport, downtown Phoenix, and Arizona State University are just 15 minutes directly north from our hotel.
Our refreshed lobby and an array of amenities make our Chandler hotel a convenient and comfortable choice among hotels near Phoenix, Arizona. Guests can end their day with a relaxing night’s sleep on a signature clean and fresh Hampton bed® or kick back and relax and watch the HDTV with On-Demand movies. Then, they can start their day with a free hot breakfast or a Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag on your way out the door. We also have a fitness center and an outdoor pool.
When visiting Chandler, Arizona, we hope travelers will make the smart choice and stay at the Hampton Inn Phoenix-Chandler hotel. We look forward to welcoming all our guests to Arizona.
- Chandler hotel located directly off I-17/I-10 in the Phoenix technology district
- Flexible Chandler event space to hold your meeting or event
- Guest rooms with sofa bed, in-room whirlpool and accessible roll-in showers
- Fitness area and relaxing outdoor pool
- Near endless shopping in Chandler, Firebird Raceway, and Rawhide Western Town