Posted August 5, 2019
Director of Sales
As a Director of Sales, you will fill a vital role by implementing the total sales and marketing efforts of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising sales activities and training within the hotel staff, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of Hotel Sales Management and Staff Leadership experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
- Execute hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
- Recruit, hire, train, and provide career development for all sales personnel; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees using company hiring standards and guidelines.
- Provide sales training and development for all front desk personnel to ensure all guest inquiries and needs are consistently executed.
- Manage the departmental budget and monitors sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan; accurately reports variances/projections.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Residence Inn El Paso
96 Room Extended Stay
We're only 5 minutes from the airport, University of Texas at El Paso, Fort Bliss and many area attractions. Residence Inn El Paso is centrally located off I-10 within walking distances to restaurants. Our convenient location places you minutes from Boeing, Raytheon, Hewlett Packard, Care Fusion, General Electric, Johnson Controls, Conagra Foods, Harris Corp, Lear Corporation and AT&T. Whether you're staying in El Paso for one night or one month, our El Paso hotel caters to guests' every need. We offer spacious guest rooms with separate living areas and fully equipped kitchens. Travelers can wake each morning to a delicious complimentary breakfast buffet. In the evening, guests are invited to socialize at The Mix on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays featuring different themed snacks and light appetizers.