Posted July 2, 2019
As a Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mt. Lebanon
108 Room All Suite
Welcome to the SpringHill Suites by Marriott® Pittsburgh Mt. Lebanon, a hotel with space and style at an attractive price. Ideal for business or leisure, our studio suites offer luxurious bedding, microwave, mini-fridge, large work desk, free WIFI, and a spa-like bathroom to ensure a guest's stay is anything but ordinary. Our complimentary hot breakfast, pool, fitness center and WIFI in the lobby help guests stay refreshed and connected, giving them the freedom to set their own pace and work or relax their way.
Venues such as Heinz Field, PNC Park, Consol Energy Center or the David L. Lawrence Convention Center are easily accessible via the Pittsburgh Light Rail, located steps away from the hotel. When going to a concert, cheering at a Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates or Penguins game, the SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mt. Lebanon hotel is the perfect starting point.