Posted July 1, 2019
Spa Massage Therapist
As a Spa Massage Therapist, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through administering professional massage, body treatments and other spa services for the hotel guests. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Must hold and maintain a current state license and required insurance.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings.
- Greets and completes established procedures for arriving guests by beginning on time for the appointment and completing within the allotted time.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices. Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns. Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals of 3%. If 3% is not maintained on a consistent basis, will participate in 1-1 coaching from supervisor to increase performance. Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Pearl South Padre Island Resort
200 Room Resort
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment visitors drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside the window.
- Located on the pristine blue waters of South Padre Island beach
- 251 guest rooms, suites and condominiums with private balconies
- Spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 6,000-square-foot outdoor pool and swim-up bar
- Full-service Sapphire Spa
- Summer Kids Camp
- Indoor and outdoor dining at Beachside Bar & Grille
- 8,500 square feet of event space ideal for meetings and weddings