Posted June 27, 2019
You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Fairfax
316 Room Hotel
Nestled into a quiet and beautifully landscaped setting, the completely refreshed Hyatt Regency Fairfax hotel offers the perfect location, amenities, and guestrooms for a traveler's next trip to Fairfax, VA. Located just minutes from many important business offices including Northrup Grumman, Boeing, and General Dynamics. Our modern rooms feature free WiFi internet, 55” HDTV with premium channels, spacious living area, sofa sleeper, work desk, and mini-refrigerator.
- 316 suite-sized guestrooms with separate seating area
- 22 panoramic suites with 776 square feet of space and 180 degree views
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public spaces (excludes meeting rooms)
- Complimentary self-parking
- 24-hour fitness center
- Indoor heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Seasonal outdoor sundeck
- 24-hour business center
- Laundry facilities (14th floor)