Posted June 22, 2019
As a Bell Staff/Valet, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through assisting guests by carrying baggage to and from hotel rooms, disseminating information about the hotel’s facilities and room’s amenities, and coordinating certain aspects of guests’ arrivals and departures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Preferably have hotel experience and Must have a current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the hotel facilities.
- Welcomes guests upon drive-up arrival and when directing guests to their rooms.
- Assists incoming and outgoing guests carrying baggage to and from their rooms; explains features of room to guest ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly; gives location of ice and vending machines; reviews safety procedures.
- Is knowledgeable and informs guests of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area (including times, dates, and costs). Is very familiar with the area and provides guests with local directions in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Oversees the arrival of guest packages. Ensure they are all logged and delivered to the guest in a timely manner. Responds to guest needs including delivery of guest mail/messages, left behind items and any other requests received from guests or Guest Services staff.
- Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
- May oversee and/or direct parking in coordination with security during heavy check-in periods and bus arrivals. Coordinates issues such as overflow parking with Front Desk.
- May accept dry-cleaning from guests and secure for pick up by dry-cleaning company; delivers clean laundry to guest room in a timely manner.
- Ensures baggage is secured and tagged at guest request to store baggage.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Pearl South Padre Island Resort
200 Room Resort
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment visitors drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside the window.
- Located on the pristine blue waters of South Padre Island beach
- 251 guest rooms, suites and condominiums with private balconies
- Spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 6,000-square-foot outdoor pool and swim-up bar
- Full-service Sapphire Spa
- Summer Kids Camp
- Indoor and outdoor dining at Beachside Bar & Grille
- 8,500 square feet of event space ideal for meetings and weddings