Posted July 29, 2019
Life is a glorious banquet, a limitless and delicious buffet.
As a Banquet Server, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the banquet facilities and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet guests during banquet/ catering functions to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability.
What you will be doing
- Have a minimum of 1 year outlet food service experience with a general knowledge of banquet operations.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
- Clears table after service. Removes trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Clears room at end of banquet of all props and centerpieces and properly returns to storage.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
187 Room Hotel
Located just 30 miles northeast of downtown Dallas, our hotel is a place to reconnect with friends, travelers enjoy a sense of community and discover what makes McKinney truly one-of-a-kind. Guests can make themselves at home in stylish rooms and suites, which feature a wealth of thoughtful amenities. During downtime we invite guests to go for a dip in our outdoor pool, break a sweat in our state-of-the-art fitness center or plan their next meeting or event in part or all of our 20,000 sq. ft. conference center. Nestled amidst lush green trees and rolling hills, visitors will find a city that is an integral part of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan area, and a popular destination for families, businesses and leisure travelers. From nearby North Dallas corporations for the business traveler to thrilling sporting events at Toyota Stadium, historic museums and the original city square, they will find that McKinney has a lot to offer.