Posted June 18, 2019
Sales Manager - All Markets
As a Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Pearl South Padre Island Resort
200 Room Resort
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment visitors drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside the window.
- Located on the pristine blue waters of South Padre Island beach
- 251 guest rooms, suites and condominiums with private balconies
- Spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 6,000-square-foot outdoor pool and swim-up bar
- Full-service Sapphire Spa
- Summer Kids Camp
- Indoor and outdoor dining at Beachside Bar & Grille
- 8,500 square feet of event space ideal for meetings and weddings