1750 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
Telephone (847) 945-3400
Posted August 19, 2019
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
300 Room Hotel
Newly Renovated Suite sized guest rooms to include 6 Executive Suites, 1 Presidential Suite, and 1 Hospitality Suite. Amenities to include: living room area with pull out couch, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, referigerators in room, turn down services available, business class floor, newly renovated restaurant and meeting space. A premier suburban corporate hotel located in the heart of Chicago's Northshore. The Hyatt Deerfield is ideally located just 14 miles from O'Hare International Airport and minutes from Fortune-500 companies such as, Abbott Pharmaceuticals, Kraft Foods, Baxter Healthcare, and Morgan Stanley Discover. Travelers can enjoy an evening at Ravinia Festival, a day at Chicago's Botanic Gardens, or the excitement of Six Flags Great America, all in close proximity. The Hyatt Deerfield offers cigars at our outdoor patio, newly renovated restaurant, atrium lounge, in-room dining, and a full fitness facility including indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and full line of cardiovascular equipment. Located off 294/94 express way 14 miles from O'Hare International Airport.