601 North Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090
Telephone (847) 777-6500
Posted August 8, 2019
As a Security Officer, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals by ensuring the safety of the hotel guests. 1 part-time position, flexible shifts needed, am/pm, 3rd shift, holidays, and weekends.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year facility’s security experience and accredited certification in criminal-justice related area, or equivalent required. Specific license as required by state or local policy.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Works as a team with staff and departments for the well-being of the hotel and guests.
- IRD and Bell Attendant duties are required to assist the overnight Guest Service team.
- Patrol allocated areas of hotel and property as directed and watches for suspicious, irregular, prohibited, or dangerous activities, situations, or persons, as outlined in hotel policy.
- Circulates among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Calls police, fire department, or ambulance in cases of medical emergency, or any dangerous or threatening condition such as fire, presence of unauthorized persons, or non-compliant violators of hotel policy.
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Handles shipping and receiving after hours and weekends.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Choice PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
The Westin Chicago North Shore
412 Room Hotel
Serenity awaits just 16 miles north of Chicago O'Hare International Airport at The Westin Chicago North Shore. Situated on Chicago's prestigious North Shore in Wheeling, Illinois, our hotel offers guests both suburban tranquility and urban access; nearby attractions include the Chicago Botanic Garden, Northwestern University and the area's famed Restaurant Row. Guests can settle into our exquisitely designed guestrooms and suites, which feature signature touches like our Westin Heavenly® Bed and Westin Heavenly® Bath, plus the latest in entertainment and complimentary Wi-Fi. After a restful night's sleep, we offer an array of inspired amenities, including a WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, a heated indoor pool and an accompanying whirlpool. Authentic Italian cuisine is on the menu at Saranello's, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Showcasing over 35,000 square feet of impeccably outfitted meeting and event space, our hotel is also a leading events destination in Wheeling.