104 West Fourth Street
The Pepper Building
Winston Salem, NC
Telephone (336) 722-0720
Posted June 12, 2019
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. Assisting Room Attendants on designated floors. He/she is also responsible for delivering items such as luggage, irons, coffee, etc. to guest rooms. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure that the housekeeping division wwill meet the highest standards of quality and efficiency.
As Houseperson, you will
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
- Prior housekeeping experience is helpful.
- The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required.
- The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected.
Hotel Indigo Winston Salem
75 Room Hotel
In addition to a 75-room hotel in the upper floors, the basement will house a second restaurant that will go by the name Pepper’d by Sir Winston.
Mayfair Street Partners is developing the Hotel Indigo under a franchise agreement with InterContinental Hotels Group. Although the new hotel will thus be part of a chain, it is a chain in which every hotel is unique. Burgess said the project will represent an investment of about $15 million.