Posted July 25, 2019
People who personify our drive to exceed guest expectations, thrive on diversity and are anxious for an exciting career - Welcome! Opportunity abounds here!
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
Your schedule will include weekends and evenings/nights. The possible shifts are 7am - 3pm and 3pm - 11pm. Our company manages and operates Residence Inn + Fairfield Inn Vacaville. You will gain great experience at both of the hotels.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-out
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Team Player - ready to assist and back up other areas such as Laundry and Breakfast team
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Residence Inn Vacaville
78 Room Extended Stay
Our extended stay Vacaville hotel is centrally located to Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, and Travis Air Force Base. We provide fully equipped kitchens in all our suites so that our guests can entertain and dine in the comforts of their room. Leisure guests can take a short drive to beautiful San Francisco, Napa Wine Country, or Vacaville Premium Outlets. While staying at our Vacaville hotel, we encourage travelers to take some time to visit Six Flags Discovery Kingdom or tour the sophisticated UC Davis campus. We provide daily complimentary hot breakfast, evening socials at The Mix™, free WiFi, an indoor heated pool, fitness center, guest laundry, and Marriott’s signature SportCourt®. At Residence Inn Vacaville, our guests can be assured a hassle-free stay. Whether it is an overnight or an extended stay, we are a home away from home.