Posted June 11, 2019
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas. We are looking for both full time and part time employees that can work both daylight and evening shifts(7am-3pm & 3pm-11pm) as well as a part time night auditor (11pm-7am).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville
98 Room Hotel
Our Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville hotel features a new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is 'The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.', providing guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning as well as evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Monroeville hotel is convenient to the Pittsburgh International Airport, Monroeville Convention Center and the Rivers Casino. Perfect for business and leisure travelers since we are located near Philips, UPMC East, Oerlikon, Westinghouse and Cleveland Brothers as well as to Heinz Field, PNC Park, Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark. The Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville is the ideal hotel for visitors of universities like Pittsburgh, Duquesne, Robert Morris and Carnegie Mellon.