Posted July 11, 2019
As a Reservation Agent, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through booking guest requests to secure rooms with the property management system in a prompt, courteous and accurate manner to maximize hotel revenues. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1 year of hotel reservations, hotel customer service and/or hotel sales experience. Brand experience preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand Property Operating Systems experience.
- Books guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel. Using the reservations system; processes reservations from the Sales Department, Home Office Sales Department, or Reservations Centers.
- Communicates with Travel Agencies/ Wholesalers to coordinate guest and group bookings, hotel occupancy status, and special rates.
- Up sells rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilizes yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible.
- Processes cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; processes guest reservation requests for other hotels within the hotel system.
- Ensures proper verbiage is used when answering the phones and selling hotel rooms.
- Provides accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions when asked by guests; mails hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Stays informed of current rates, rate changes and all promotions: assists Revenue Manager in rooms forecasting. Completes daily logs to record the number of calls, bookings and cancellations.
- Assists with group blocks and rooming lists as needed. Pre-blocks some groups and VIP guests as needed.
- Runs daily reports such as Yield Management Report, Arrivals Report, Cancellation Report, etc.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Communicates special guest or group needs to the Front Desk.
- Participates as part of Revenue meetings in place of Revenue Management.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Pearl South Padre Island Resort
200 Room Resort
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment visitors drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside the window.
- Located on the pristine blue waters of South Padre Island beach
- 251 guest rooms, suites and condominiums with private balconies
- Spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 6,000-square-foot outdoor pool and swim-up bar
- Full-service Sapphire Spa
- Summer Kids Camp
- Indoor and outdoor dining at Beachside Bar & Grille
- 8,500 square feet of event space ideal for meetings and weddings