111 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Telephone (210) 354-2800
Posted June 24, 2019
Beautiful River Walk Property with 410 rooms and 44,000 ft. Meeting Space
Director of Sales
As a Director of Sales, you will fill a vital role by implementing the total sales and marketing efforts of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising sales activities and training within the hotel staff, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of Hotel Sales Management and Staff Leadership experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
- Execute hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
- Recruit, hire, train, and provide career development for all sales personnel; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees using company hiring standards and guidelines.
- Provide sales training and development for all front desk personnel to ensure all guest inquiries and needs are consistently executed.
- Manage the departmental budget and monitors sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan; accurately reports variances/projections.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Free Associate Parking and Meals
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
410 Room Hotel
Travelers will always remember their stay at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk when they experience its solace. From the deck of our third-floor rooftop pool with its breathtaking views of the San Antonio skyline to our contemporary lobby designed for intimate gatherings, our San Antonio Riverwalk accommodations are sure to rejuvenate and delight visitors traveling to sunny San Antonio. Guests can relax in the hotel’s spacious guest rooms and enjoy some of today’s most desired Riverwalk hotel amenities or savor contemporary regional fare in our lobby-level restaurant for the complete San Antonio Wyndham River Walk experience.
Scheduling a San Antonio vacation or event with us affords each guest immediate access to all the fun things to do in San Antonio Riverwalk including SeaWorld, The Alamo, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Alamodome and dozens of local boutiques and famous entertainment venues. The Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk hosts miles of cafes, bars, boutiques and nightlife to entice the adventurous explorer.