Posted June 11, 2019
Celebrate life at every occasion with great food and service!
As the Executive Chef, you will fill a vital role by directing and supervising food preparation for all food outlets of the hotel and ensures the highest level quality and consistency as relates to food handling, food quality and food presentations while maintaining established operational standards and maximizing profits for the hotel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry; or a Culinary Degree with 3 or more years of progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry.
- Creates and plans all meals and menus for the restaurant/s, outlet/s and catered events.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a "hands on" approach.
- Works within monthly set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste.
- Monitors food outlets, buffets, stations and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety.
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Assists the Outlet-Restaurant Manager and the Banquet Manager in their daily and weekly duties as needed.
- Assists the food and beverage services for conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Works frequently with subordinates in the Food and Beverage Department to ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly and on schedules to improve existing practices and services both in the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Communicates financial information to the General Manager, including up-to-date budget information and revenue growth programs formulated through short term and long term operational and financial plans for the food and beverage department.
- Achieves budgeted revenues, controls cost (which includes labor, food, maintenance, etc.) and maximizes profitability related to the facility operations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown
150 Room Hotel
At A Glance
At Canopy we’ve got our guests covered. Our Just-Right Rooms have a positively local vibe with Uptown-inspired artwork, nods to Dallas’ M-Line Trolley, and residential comforts like free WiFi, a 55-inch TV, built-in fridge drawer, and beds designed exclusively for Canopy. Guests can choose a suite for a separate living area, balcony and cozy extras like bathrobes and Canopy socks. Every floor has a filtered spring water station so visitors can refresh and feel great going forward.
Guests can start the day with a complimentary artisanal breakfast in Canopy Central or have a Canopy Break Fast Bag delivered to your door. Menus are fresh and local in our European-style café – open all day – and we have complimentary tastings of local beers and spirits each night. Our rooftop lounge offers craft food and drink and stunning views over downtown Dallas. All our Dallas Uptown event spaces reside on the top floor, where floor-to-ceiling windows and broad skyline views bring style and energy to any board meeting or wedding reception.
- New lifestyle hotel near all things Uptown, Dallas’ premier destination
- Complimentary Canopy Bikes or a quick walk to M-Line Trolley and DART Rail
- Rooms and suites with Canopy-exclusive beds, free WiFi and Just-Right extras
- Canopy Central featuring a café, bar and complimentary evening tastings
- Upside West Village, our rooftop lounge overlooking the Dallas skyline
- 3,500 sq. ft. of sunlit, top-floor event space for up to 200 guests