Posted August 23, 2019
Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those littles things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.
As a Gallery Host, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Be responsible for the complete guest experience; to include the Gallery Host Stand, the Bakery Café, the Guest Kitchen, the e-room and the TV den, guest check in and out and the servicing of the meeting rooms.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Place Omaha Downtown Old Market
159 Room Hotel
Situated in the heart of Omaha’s Historic Old Market, the Hyatt Place Omaha/Downtown-Old Market hotel is just steps away from restaurants, shops, and galleries in Omaha’s most historic and colorful neighborhood. Travelers enjoy our convenience to nearby CHI Health Center and Convention Center, Holland Performing Arts Center, Joslyn Art Museum, and Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Guests are sure to love our modern spacious guestrooms, and deluxe amenities and services including free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, fitness center, and on-site dining.
- 24-hour Business Center
- 24/7 Gym