Posted August 23, 2019
The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
Sales Manager - All Markets
As a Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Place Omaha Downtown Old Market
159 Room Hotel
Situated in the heart of Omaha’s Historic Old Market, the Hyatt Place Omaha/Downtown-Old Market hotel is just steps away from restaurants, shops, and galleries in Omaha’s most historic and colorful neighborhood. Travelers enjoy our convenience to nearby CHI Health Center and Convention Center, Holland Performing Arts Center, Joslyn Art Museum, and Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Guests are sure to love our modern spacious guestrooms, and deluxe amenities and services including free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, fitness center, and on-site dining.
- 24-hour Business Center
- 24/7 Gym