As an Accounting and HR Manager, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and will be focused on managing and directing others in the operational departments of the hotel. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and supervising others in their operational assignments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting or college degree and one year of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee the duties of General Cashier, with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms, Food, Beverage, and House deposits.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee and maintain the Over/Short Log.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to maintain controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Post all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR).
- Prepare all bank deposits, "Due Backs," and bank change orders according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain responsibility for the billing of accounts receivable daily.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to regulate the Hotel Credit Policy and have detailed knowledge of Hotel receivables.
- Maintain trace system for AR collection call process per SOP and perform AR balancing function.
- Complete monthly checklist and send in month-end package according to Central Accounting calendar.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to monitor the Front Office and Night Audit agents' work for proper accounting procedures.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee the training of all Night Audit personnel in regards to their accounting related responsibilities.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and be prepared for transmission.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to ensure that all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are processed on PAFs and submitted in to Payroll on a timely manner.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to compute worked hours for payroll compilation and properly apply state and local laws affecting payroll, wage & hour, taxes, etc.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to record requests for employee benefits, and monitor use. (i.e. vacation time, employee benefit room nights, sick time, etc.).
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions