Posted June 11, 2019
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria!
As a Food & Beverage Bartender, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the restaurant, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year outlet Bartender experience or accredited certification as a Professional Bartender with specialized knowledge of classic and popular mixology selections.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Prepares beverages requested by customers or servers according to standard operating procedures (i.e. proper proportions and ingredients control costs provide a consistent product to the guests)
- Maintains clean and organized work areas to maximize efficiency; sets up the bar and back bar according to established procedures.
- Monitors guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notifies management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers.
- Checks identification whenever the age of a guest requesting and alcoholic beverage service is questionable; follows state and local laws regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Verifies liquor inventory; correctly completes all requisition requirements and stores stock as per approved procedures. Obtains, counts and secures bartender’s bank; distributes and collects bar servers’ banks; documents cash distribution in register drawer.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards; times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Compute bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts and returns change promptly to guest.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their outlet experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel at the Reed Conference Center
151 Room Hotel
This is the only full service hotel in Midwest City, OK located 5 minutes from Tinker AFB, business office parks, shopping and within 10 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City Bricktown and Entertainment District, Chesapeake Arena and Cox Convention Center. Spacious rooms are designed for comfort and convenience for work and play, complete with free in-room safes, bottled water and mini fridge. Our Midwest City hotel features a concierge lounge, restaurant and bar, Starbucks Coffee and free wireless internet. Guests can relax in our indoor pool and workout in our upgraded 24 hour fitness center. The hotel connected to the Reed Conference Center features over 30,000 square feet of flexible meeting space for special events, conferences and conventions and boasts over 10,000 square feet of outdoor space with beautifully landscaped grounds.