1000 Valley River Way
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone (541) 743-1000
Current Job Openings
- Director of Sales
- Food & Beverage Cashier/Host
- Groundskeeping and Preventative Maintenance Engineer
- Group Sales Manager - All Markets
- Hospitality Guest Service/Front Desk Supervisor
- Hotel Guest Service Agent
- Hotel Night Auditor/Overnight Guest Service Agent
- Housekeeping Manager
- Housekeeping Room Inspector/Supervisor
- Janitorial/Lobby Attendant - Days
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- PBX Operator/Guest Service Agent
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant - Evenings
Posted July 12, 2019
You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.